What information do we collect from you?
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. Any information you add to your person profile, above the data transferred from Active Directory for Staff Directory purposes.
- Information we collect from your use of our site. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information relating to logins, views, shares and downloads as well as site-wide information such as what operating system and web browser you use and what type of device you are using to access our site.
Why do we collect this information?
We process your personal information for the following reasons:
- If you are an employee, we may provide the site as a resource to assist you to do your job. As with many work resources, we provide this as an employer pursuant to your employment contract to help you carry out your activities relevant to your role;
- On the basis of your consent:
- Where we rely on your consent for processing this will be brought to your attention when the information is collected from you;
- In our legitimate interests of providing the best service and improving our site we will process information in order to:
- provide you with a personalised service;
- improve our site and services;
- keep our site and systems safe and secure;
- understand our users’ online trends and the popularity of resources on our site; and
- defend against or exercise legal claims and investigate complaints;
We will carry out analytics to improve our site as set out above.
You have the right to object to processing carried out for our legitimate interests. See the What are your rights? section below for more information.
- To comply with legal requirements relating to:
- the provision of products and services;
- data protection;
- assisting law enforcement; and
- any other legal obligations placed on us from time to time.
Who might we share your information with?
For the purposes set out in the ‘Why do we collect this information?’ section above, we will share your personal information with:
- suppliers we appoint to provide services. Principally the companies which supply and maintain our site and IT infrastructure;
Additionally, we will disclose your personal information to the relevant third party:
- If we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets.
How is your data stored and kept secure?
We take your safety and security very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal information. All information kept by us is stored on our secure servers.
While we have implemented reasonable technical and organisational precautions to protect the security and integrity of personal data provided to our site, due to the inherent nature of the internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. We do however maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal data, including but not limited to use of firewalls, user access control management, regularly updating software, encryption of data in transit, secure data backups and periodic security audits and penetration testing.
What are your rights?
Where processing of your personal data is based on consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
You have the following rights:
- To ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests provided that there are no compelling reasons for that processing;
- to request from us access to personal information held about you;
- to ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to ask for data to be erased provided that the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, you withdraw consent (if the legal basis for processing is consent), you exercise your right to object, set out below, and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for processing, the data is unlawfully processed or the data needs to be erased to comply with a legal obligation;
- to ask for the processing of that information to be restricted if the accuracy of that data is contested, the processing is unlawful, the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or you exercise your right to object (pending verification of whether there are legitimate grounds for processing);
- to ask for data portability if the processing is carried out by automated means and the legal basis for processing is consent or contract.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, systems and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or content contained on those sites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.